Skip to main content

Interview Reflection

I think that the mock interview went well overall.  I felt that it was good preparation for interviews in the future.   Although I was nervous, I also felt that I was able to answer most questions well.  I prepared by viewing the resources provided and consolidating a list of possible questions.  I worked on thinking through answers for questions by reminding myself of experiences I have had in school and in fieldwork.  I then had family members help me practice by asking me questions so I could practice giving my responses clearly and confidently.

I feel that in a real-life interview situation I will want to do a few things differently.  First, I noticed when watching my interview that I tend to use filler words like "um" often.  I feel like in the future I need to be more aware that I have a tendency to do that and try to correct that habit.  I also found through this that I still need to work on developing my strengths and weaknesses more.  I find that I sometimes have a hard time answering those questions.  These are questions that are likely be asked in interviews, so I definitely want to be prepared to answer them well in the future.  

Overall, I feel that after having this experience I have a better feel for what questions are likely to be asked in future interviews, so I will be able to use those to prepare for real-life interviews.  I feel that after my additional fieldwork rotations, I will have more experiences that I can use in interviews.  I learned that I was more confident in my answers than I expected I would be, and I realized that I have had a lot of experiences that I was able to talk about during the interview.     


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Era Presentations

I learned so much new information about the field of occupational therapy through the era presentations today.  There are many events that impacted occupational therapy.  One I found to be very impactful was WWII in the 1940's.  During WWII, there was an increased need for women in the workforce.  Occupational therapy was in high demand as many were surviving the war and returning home with injuries.  Military hospitals had an increased need for occupational therapists.  The field of occupational therapy has continued to change and adapt with the changing time periods.  

Health & Health Promotion

      Health is the complete state of physical, mental, and social well-being.  There are three interventions that can help reduce threats to health.  Primary help prevent disease or injury before it occurs.  This could include a back injury prevention program or immunizations.  Secondary help reduce the impact of a disease or injury that has already occurred.  This might be cancer screening or developmental screening.  Tertiary help limit the impact of an ongoing illness or injury that has lasting effects such as rehab.        Health promotion uses discipline-specific techniques to help people achieve their health-related goals.  Occupational therapy has a role in health promotion by using occupations, adaptations or alteration of context to maximize the pursuit of health.  The quality of life for individuals, families, groups, communities, and populations are maximized.       

OTPF

The Occupational Therapy Practice Framework (OTPF) is a guide used by occupational therapists and others to help describe the components of occupational therapy practice.  The purpose of the OTPF is to give an overview of an occupational therapist's scope of practice.  It helps improve communication between health professionals by establishing a common language.  It can also be used as a guide to evaluation, intervention, and outcomes.  The OTPF defines the goal of occupational therapy as "achieving health, well-being, and participation in life through engagement in occupation."  It also defines the clients of occupational therapy as well as the domains that interact to affect the client's overall wellness.